Enriching Our Native Way of Life
Our heritage is what guides every step of our corporation’s path. BBNC’s mission, vision, and values reflect a deep reverence for the land that has sustained our people for thousands of years—and a commitment to enhance the lives of our shareholders in every way we can.
Our Mission: Enriching our Native way of life.
Our Vision: To responsibly steward the land and waters in the Bristol Bay region, celebrate the legacy of its people, and enhance the lives of BBNC shareholders.
- Respect the people, land, and natural resources that are the basis for our culture and the Native way of life.
- Responsibly manage natural resources, prioritizing the cultural and economic value of the Bristol Bay fishery.
- Responsibly manage financial resources, leading to a continuous source of dividends and benefits for our shareholders.
- Maintain integrity and fairness in our dealings with all stakeholders.
- Secure and grow the financial strength of BBNC to ensure our long-term viability.
- Generate sufficient earnings to fund dividends and other shareholder benefits.
- Develop prudent economic opportunities in the Bristol Bay region through strategic partnerships and leveraging of BBNC resources.
- Enhance shareholder workforce readiness through support of education, training, and workforce development initiatives.
- Balance responsible development and protection of our lands, fisheries, and resources.
- Advance social, cultural, and community initiatives that positively affect shareholders and descendants.