Building the future through Native leadership
The vibrancy of our future depends on the passion of skilled, experienced leaders who are committed to the advancement of the Native community. Established in 1994, BBNC’s Training Without Walls (TWOW) is a management and leadership development program aimed at developing and retaining leaders within our community of shareholders and their descendants.
TWOW is a two-year program that includes two-day sessions held three times per year. One-on-one coaching, panel presentations, group discussions and case studies deliver a curriculum focused on these areas:
- Building effectiveness leadership
- Developing strategic, conceptual, and real leadership
- Training for board of director membership and team-leading
- Managing time and stress
- Managing professional and organizational change
- Legal aspects of management
- Presentation skills and persuasion
- Leadership and negotiation strategies
In TWOW, you’ll build a professional network with other participants—as well as leaders from Bristol Bay and the Native community. You’ll gain leadership and management skills that will help you advance in your career and/or acquire board and council leadership positions. You’ll receive three college credits and professional educational experiences in the form of mentorship and coaching from experienced leaders.
We invite interested shareholders and descendants to apply to TWOW if you meet these criteria:
- You’re at least 25 years old
- You hold a bachelor’s degree and five years of work experience or 10 years work experience with advancement
- You’re currently employed
- You’re in a management role or on a management track
- You’re interested in and committed to the program
If you have any questions, please contact Casey Sifsof at 907-265-7873 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.