- This event has passed.
Bristol Wave Commercial Fishing Hiring Event For 2022 ‘A’ SeasonBack to Events
October 14 - October 15
Bristol Wave Seafoods, LLC will be conducting in-person interviews for commercial fishing jobs aboard the longline vessels in the Bering Sea! Please submit your application here BEFORE the day of the events. Bristol Wave Representatives will give a briefing explaining the work environment in Alaska. Those who do not attend the briefing will not be interviewed.
Thursday, October 14, 2021 at 6:00 p.m.
Friday, October 15, 2021 at 10:00 a.m.
The Lakefront Anchorage Hotel Conference Room
4800 Spenard Rd, Anchorage, AK 99517
Bristol Wave currently operates eight catcher processor vessels using hood and line gear, primarily in the Bering Sea, and has been in business for over 30 years. Bristol Wave sells its harvest, primarily Pacific cod, black cod (sablefish) and Greenland turbot, on a worldwide basis. We are the largest freezer longline company in the United States resulting from the recent merger of Clipper Seafoods and Blue North Fisheries.
Our fleet of freezer longline vessels use hook and line gear, primarily in the Bering Sea. Our seafood processors are responsible for the handling, panning, and packing of all products. Although this is the starting point for people entering the commercial fishing industry, it is a demanding, fast paced job which requires physical fitness and attention to detail. With experience, jobs become available on deck, learning how to haul gear among other duties.
Processors with Bristol Wave should have the following qualifications:
- Ability to properly separate and process all products while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to package and store produce quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to load and unload product (able to lift 25, 50, and 80 pounds regularly).
- Ability to clean and bleed fish.
- Ability to work for 16 hour shifts.
- Ability to work in cold environments.
- Willingness to follow directions, learn, and be part of a team.