BBNC’s subsidiary STS Solutions and Training, LLC provides approximately 140 Health Promotion Technicians and Health Educators to a variety of Army Wellness Centers around the world. Below is information excerpted from a flyer that Ft. Carson Army Wellness Center in Colorado published and delivered to promote positivity during the COVID-19 pandemic.
For more information on ways to stay on track during this time of uncertainty, visit BBNC’s COVID-19 Response website at www.bbcovidresponse.net.
Self care practices:
- Develop new boundaries to balance work and home responsibilities
- Carve out a few minutes to focus on self
- Maintain as much routine and consistency as possible
- Create a goal or develop a skill to help you cope with free time
- Find time to exercise, stretch, or walk each day
- Create a gratitude list
Be mindful of how you’re coping:
- Spending too much time in bed when not asleep
- Stress/boredom eating
- Unnecessary online shopping
- How much time you’re spending on social media, TV, Netflix, etc.
- Excess use of alcohol, nicotine, etc.
- Frequent mood swings
- Developing a new routine
- Keeping safe by adhering current guidelines
- Practicing self-care
- Creating new boundaries for home and work responsibilities
- Staying connected with loved ones
- Length of pandemic outbreak
- Travel ban restrictions
- Amount of time we are forced to telework
- Change in job status
- How long kids will be home