BBNC is recruiting shareholders to be trained as Unexploded Ordnance (UXO) Technicians to prepare for jobs with BBNC subsidiary Bristol Alliance of Companies, or a number of other companies doing munitions work.
The training program is a 4-week, 200 hour program in Texas.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must pass a criminal background check (with no felony charges)
- Must pass a 5-panel drug test
- Must pass a Hazwoper physical
Preferred qualities of trainees and UXO techs are a focus on safety, the ability and willingness to travel extensively, willingness to handle munitions, reliability, hard-working, and ability to tolerate a variety of outdoor working conditions.
All tuition, travel, housing and meals will be provided during the training.
Application deadline is Friday, March 10, at 5 p.m. AK time. Click here for the application.
What does a UXO Technician do?
A UXO Technician will work for private companies or any company that hires UXO Technicians in the munitions industry to mitigate the threat posed by UXO. A UXO Tech I assists senior personnel (UXO Technician II and above) in:
- The identification of all types of military munitions, including fuse types.
- The movement and/or consolidation of UXO that has been determined safe to move.
- The preparation of firing systems, both electric and non-electric, for demolition/demilitarization operations.
- The operation of personnel decontamination stations.
- The proper storage of explosive materials.
- The performance of field collection procedures to identify contaminated soil.
- The transportation of demolition materials and/or UXO, for which the risk of movement has been determined acceptable.
- The reconnaissance and classification of UXO.
Pay range for a UXO Tech I is $24-26 per hour.